Written by Administrator
Saturday, 06 December 2008 16:43
Hopper feeders are one of the most popular styles. Some of their features include:
- Different sizes available
- Large hopper feeders do not need to be refilled as often as many tube feeders
- Manufactured in a variety of styles and designs
- Easy to fill
- Many designs are easy to clean
- They attract a large variety of birds
Some hopper feeders have a spring-loaded arm that can cover the feeder ports. Birds are too light to move the arm. When squirrels land on the arm, it lowers and covers the feeder ports.
A typical wooden hopper feeder is on the left.
The Gazebo-shaped feeder on the right is similar in function to hopper feeders.
What you should know...
- Hopper feeders are available in different types of wood. Treated lumbar should not be used in feeders. Cedar or fur are good choices.
- Several manufacturers are now making hopper feeders out of recycled materials. These feeders look nice and last forever.
- Check the design carefully. Some hopper feeders are hard to clean.
Hopper feeders are available at the Birdzilla Feeder Shop.
Last Updated on Sunday, 07 December 2008 02:44